Friday, October 20, 2017

Flinders Ranges Day 7...

The sun is shining again!



The lobby at the Parachilna Prairie Hotel...

Lunch menu...

Corned camel silverside sandwich - absolutely delicious!




Gus had the meat pie with bush tomato relish...

Our room - very basic for what it cost!  I think they need to update the decor and employ a new cleaner!

Loved this beautiful sculpture, make entirely of welded bits of rusted iron...

Likewise, this clever piece...

Prairie Hotel at sundown...


I wonder how many travellers have walked through this door....?

Sunset....

Time for some feral food!

I had the antipasto platter, self explanatory...and quite delicious!

Gus had the feral mixed grill...

Quandong crumble - yummo!

Day 7 Saturday 7/10/2017  Parachilna Gorge to Prairie Hotel, Parachilna

We awoke at 8am and Gus's back is okay - very sore but he is mobile.  That is the main thing!

The weather has changed again and it is warming up.

We puddled along slowly, getting things packed away in Ruby.    Breakfast was just toast and a cuppa.

We had just enough water left to wash dishes, me to douse my hair so I can blow dry it and for Gus to have a quick shower.  I'll have one when we get to the pub!  Pearl is lovely and dry to pack up so that is good!  It's now 32C!

We head out of the gorge for the Prairie Hotel in Parachilna - it's 12 noon and we are hot and very thirsty!

We had a few drinks in the bar then ordered lunch.  Yummy feral fare!

We checked into our room and just chilled out for a while.  A real shower was a novelty after have bush showers all week.

Dinner at 7pm - their feral food is quite yummy and a real experience.  I loved the kangaroo pastrami and the emu pate, delicious on the home made ciabatta bread served.

We are back in the room at 9.30pm and I am in bed not long after - It's been a big day!

Cheers - Joolz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...